Effective Public Speaking is an online course designed to increase your effectiveness in delivering a speech or presentation. You will learn how to draft a speech, rehearsal techniques, and how to answer audience questions. The course includes interactive exercises and videos and will take you through the seven stages of public speaking.
Effective Public Speaking
Who Should Register?
This course is intended for professionals who want to become more comfortable delivering a speech or presentation to a group.
- Access Time: 30 days
- Average Completion Time: 4-6 hours
- Prerequisites: No prerequisites
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $99.00
- Course Credit: 0.5 CEUs
- Introduction to Public Speaking
- Assessment of Public Speaking Readiness
- Public Speaking: The Seven Stages
- Delivering an Effective Speech or Presentation
- Emphasizing Key Points in Your Speech
- Employing Slides
- Dealing with Anxiety
- Handling Difficult Questions
- When Things Go Wrong
- Leave-Behinds and Feedback
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- CEU Certificate
After completing Effective Public Speaking you should be able to:
- Describe the seven stages of public speaking.
- Recognize the speech purpose and consider your audience.
- Describe how to write a speech using supporting evidence.
- Describe techniques for rehearsing and delivering your speech.
- Recognize best practices for using visual aids in your presentation.
- Describe key techniques for managing public speaking anxiety.
- Discuss how to answer questions and resolve challenges.
Access Time: You will have full access to Effective Public Speaking for 30 days. For additional access time, consider enrolling in our Certificate in Business Communications. Certificate Program students get access to Communicating Collaboratively, Effective Business Writing, Effective Emails, Memos, and Letters, Effective Presentations, and Effective Public Speaking for 150 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 4-6 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete Effective Public Speaking. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate including CEUs instantly.
- Access to an Internet connection
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or Mac OS X Operating System
- An updated Internet browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 (or higher) Mozilla Firefox 10 (or higher) or Google Chrome 10.0 (or higher)
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat – Download Adobe Reader (free)
- An installation of Adobe's Flash Player 8 (or higher) – Download Adobe Flash Player (free)
If you’re unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
Volume Pricing: To enroll 10 or more employees in Effective Public Speaking, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.