Decisions based on data analysis are required in every organizational setting. This online course will provide insight into Quantitative Analysis and how research design varies by job sector. Through videos and case studies you will review the importance of analytics, decision-making models, and how to ensure data quality.
Introduction to Data Analysis | Quantitative Analysis
Who Should Register?
This course is intended for professionals who want to gain an understanding of quantitative analysis.
- Access Time: 30 days
- Average Completion Time: 5 hours
- Prerequisites: None
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $79.00
- Course Credit: 5.0 CPEs | 0.5 CEUs
- Introduction to Analytics
- Big Data
- Quantitative Data in Decision Making Models
- Levels of Measurement and Data Reliability and Validity
- Data Management and Data Quality
- Research Design
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- CPE, PDU/Contact Hour, and/or CEU Certificate
After completing Introduction to Data Analysis you should be able to:
- Describe the role of quantitative analysis in a decision making model.
- Explain the concepts levels of measurement, reliability and validity, errors, and information bias.
- Describe methods for obtaining quality data for decision making.
- Review techniques of accurate research design in various settings.
- Evaluate data management techniques for transforming data, recoding data, and handling missing data.
Access Time: You will have full access to Introduction to Data Analysis for 30 days. For additional access time, consider enrolling in our Certificate in Data Analytics. Certificate Program students get access to Data Analysis for Improving Organizational Performance, Data Analysis in the Real World, Introduction to Data Analysis, Statistical Process Control, Statistics as a Managerial Tool, and Tools of Data Analysis for 180 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 5 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete Introduction to Data Analysis. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate including CPEs and/or CEUs instantly.
- Access to an Internet connection
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or Mac OS X Operating System
- An updated Internet browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 (or higher) Mozilla Firefox 10 (or higher) or Google Chrome 10.0 (or higher)
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat – Download Adobe Reader (free)
- An installation of Adobe's Flash Player 8 (or higher) – Download Adobe Flash Player (free)
If you’re unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
Volume Pricing: To enroll 10 or more employees in Introduction to Data Analysis, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.