Budgeting Course | Understanding & Managing Budgets
Understanding and Managing Budgets is an online course for budget training. You will learn about company budgets and how to handle operations challenges. You will also learn budgeting techniques for sales, production, and cost of goods sold.
Who Should Register?
This online budget course is designed for managers who need training for creating a master budget.
- Access Time: 30 days
- Average Completion Time: 3 - 5 hours
- Prerequisites: No prerequisites
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $79.00
- Course Credit: 0.5 CEUs
- Budget Basics
- Strategic Budgeting
- The Master Budget
- Operating Budgets
- Cash Budgeting
- Managing the Budget Process
- Case Studies
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- CEU Certificate
Course ObjectivesAfter completing Understanding and Managing Budgets you should be able to:
- Recognize the uses and functions of budgeting.
- Recognize the key activities, considerations, and benefits of strategic planning.
- Identify the purpose, components and calculations of a master budget.
- Identify the purpose and components of an operating budget.
- Recognize how sales, production, and cost of goods sold budgets are created.
- Be able to prepare a cash budget.
- Identify ways to manage the budget process.
Access Time: You will have full access to Understanding and Managing Budgets for 30 days. For additional access time, consider enrolling in our Certificate in Finance Essentials. Certificate Program students get access to Financial Planning and Control, How to Read a Financial Statement, Introduction to Business Statistics, Introduction to Finance, Time Value of Money and Risk, and Understanding and Managing Budgets for 180 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 3 - 5 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete Understanding and Managing Budgets. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate including CEUs instantly.
- Access to an Internet connection
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or Mac OS X Operating System
- An updated Internet browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 (or higher) Mozilla Firefox 10 (or higher) or Google Chrome 10.0 (or higher)
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat – Download Adobe Reader (free)
- An installation of Adobe's Flash Player 8 (or higher) – Download Adobe Flash Player (free)
If you’re unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
Volume Pricing: To enroll 10 or more employees in Understanding and Managing Budgets, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.