Corexcel's Financial Statistics online course will teach you the importance of collecting data and analyzing business statistics. You will learn accounting techniques and how to apply them to management, marketing and sales. You will also learn descriptive statistics for presenting data to your organizational leadership.
Business Statistics Course | Intro to Business Statistics
Who Should Register?
This online course is intended for non-financial managers needing to analyze statistics for business functions.
- Access Time: 30 days
- Average Completion Time: 3 - 5 hours
- Prerequisites: No prerequisites
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $79.00
- Course Credit: 0.4 CEUs
- Business Statistics Basics
- Differing Scales of Measurement
- Graphs, Tables, and Charts
- Descriptive Statistics
- Central Tendency
- Measures of Variability
- Hypothesis Testing
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- CEU Certificate
After completing Introduction to Business Statistics you should be able to:
- Differentiate between descriptive and inferential statistics.
- Distinguish between the four different scales of measurement.
- Identify the appropriate graphical or tabular method for presenting data.
- Create frequency distributions, presentations, and graphs.
- Calculate probability and explain its practical application.
- Calculate the variance and standard deviation of a data set.
- Interpret sampling with and without replacement.
- Explain the significance of the area under a curve.
Access Time: You will have full access to Introduction to Business Statistics for 30 days. For additional access time, consider enrolling in our Certificate in Finance Essentials. Certificate Program students get access to Financial Planning and Control, How to Read a Financial Statement, Introduction to Business Statistics, Introduction to Finance, Time Value of Money and Risk, and Understanding and Managing Budgets for 180 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 3 - 5 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete Introduction to Business Statistics. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate including CEUs instantly.
- Access to an Internet connection
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or Mac OS X Operating System
- An updated Internet browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 (or higher) Mozilla Firefox 10 (or higher) or Google Chrome 10.0 (or higher)
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat – Download Adobe Reader (free)
- An installation of Adobe's Flash Player 8 (or higher) – Download Adobe Flash Player (free)
If you’re unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
Volume Pricing: To enroll 10 or more employees in Introduction to Business Statistics, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.