How to Read a Financial Statement will help you understand accounting concepts. Learn how to interpret financial statements and handle finances in a managerial role. Work through financial examples for balance sheets, cash flows, income statements, shareholder equity, etc. Use your new accounting skills for performance measures and decision making.
Financial Statements Course
Who Should Register?
This course is intended for non-financial managers who use financial reports and statements to manage a business.
- Access Time: 30 days
- Average Completion Time: 3 - 5 hours
- Prerequisites: No prerequisites
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $79.00
- Course Credit: 0.3 CEUs
- Annual Reports and Financial Statements
- Balance Sheet
- Income Statement
- Retained Earnings and Statement of Cash Flow
- Financial Ratios
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- CEU Certificate
After completing How to Read a Financial Statement you should be able to:
- Identify and describe the financial documents and statements in an organization's financial report.
- Itemize and interpret the income statement, balance sheet, statement of changes in shareholder equity, and statement of cash flows.
- State the impact of business activities on cash flow.
- Define financial ratio analysis and its objectives and limitations.
- Identify financial ratios and perform calculations.
Access Time: You will have full access to How to Read a Financial Statement for 30 days. For additional access time, consider enrolling in our Certificate in Finance Essentials. Certificate Program students get access to Financial Planning and Control, How to Read a Financial Statement, Introduction to Business Statistics, Introduction to Finance, Time Value of Money and Risk, and Understanding and Managing Budgets for 180 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 3 - 5 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete How to Read a Financial Statement. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate including CEUs instantly.
- Access to an Internet connection
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or Mac OS X Operating System
- An updated Internet browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 (or higher) Mozilla Firefox 10 (or higher) or Google Chrome 10.0 (or higher)
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat – Download Adobe Reader (free)
- An installation of Adobe's Flash Player 8 (or higher) – Download Adobe Flash Player (free)
If you’re unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
Volume Pricing: To enroll 10 or more employees in How to Read a Financial Statement, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.