Our Introduction to Human Resource Management is ideal for both HR and non-HR managers looking for an introduction to Human Resource Management. The course draws on material from Harvard Business School professor D. Quinn Mills' book, Principles of Human Resource Management. Our course will cover key Human Resource Management (HRM) terms like High Performance Work System, EEO, HR scorecards, and more. You will also learn the role of a HR Manager, the strategic value of HRM, and the difference between centralized and decentralized HR departments. The course will also cover HRM strategic planning, eHRM, HRM and ethics, and Global HRM.
Introduction to Human Resource Management
Who Should Register?
This course is designed for adult learners interested in an introduction to human resources management.
- Access Time: 30 days
- Average Completion Time: 3 - 5 hours
- Prerequisites: No prerequisites
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $79.00
- Course Credit: 0.3 CEUs
- Human Resource Management (HRM) Fundamentals
- Defining Human Capital
- HRM functions
- Strategic Value of HRM
- Employee and Labor Relations
- Attitudes and Human Resource Management
- HRM Functions and Concepts
- The Role of the Manager in HRM
- Centralized and Decentralized HRM
- HRM Planning
- HRM and Ethics
- Global HRM Issues
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- CEU Certficate
After completing Introduction to Human Resource Management you should be able to:
- Recognize the key responsibilities of the human resource manager.
- Assess you and your organization's attitudes toward human resource management.
- Define the strategic contribution of human resources to an organization.
- Discuss the day-to-day functions and broader concepts and responsibilities of HRM.
- Recognize the partnership that exists between HRM and line managers.
- Discuss the difference between centralized and decentralized HRM.
- List and identify the five areas of HRM planning.
- List the three roles that an HR department must fulfill to maintain the ethical standards of an organization.
- Identify key global issues and business practices that impact HRM.
Access Time: You will have full access to Introduction to Human Resource Management for 30 days. For additional access time, consider enrolling in our Certificate in Human Resource Management. Certificate Program students get access to Introduction to Human Resource Management, Compensation and Benefits, Data and Human Resource Management, Employee Selection, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Training, Performance Management, and Talent Management and Career Development for 180 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 3 - 5 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete Introduction to Human Resource Management. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate including CEUs instantly.
- Access to an Internet connection
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or Mac OS X Operating System
- An updated Internet browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 (or higher) Mozilla Firefox 10 (or higher) or Google Chrome 10.0 (or higher)
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat – Download Adobe Reader (free)
- An installation of Adobe's Flash Player 8 (or higher) – Download Adobe Flash Player (free)
If you’re unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
Volume Pricing: To enroll 10 or more employees in Introduction to Human Resource Management, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.