Introduction to Leadership Course
Introduction to Leadership is designed to help you understand the concept and leadership and to develop professional leadership skills. It defines and discusses the importance of leadership and some of the more popular leadership theories including Fiedler's contingency theory, Path-goal theory and Vroom-Yeton-Jago theory. You'll learn the differences between managing, administering and leading and why authority doesn't make you a leader. The course teaches the nine key qualities of leadership and the five central skills that leaders need to be effective.
Who Should Register?
This course is intended for professionals who need to develop leadership skills.
- Access Time: 30 days
- Average Completion Time: 6 - 8 hours
- Prerequisites: No prerequisites
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $79.00
- Course Credit: 0.5 CEUs
- What is Leadership?
- Leadership Theories and Issues
- Levels of Leadership
- Leadership Roles
- Becoming a Successful Leader
- Seven Bases for Leadership
- Commitment to Leadership and Authority
- Qualities of a Leader
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- CEU Certificate
Course ObjectivesAfter completing Introduction to Leadership you should be able to:
- Define leadership and explain its importance.
- Discuss some of the better-known leadership theories.
- Distinguish between leadership and management and administration.
- Explain the role of ethics in leadership.
- Discuss the positives and negatives surrounding charismatic leadership.
- Recognize the importance of training and learning in leadership.
- Discuss the seven bases of leadership.
- Explain why formal authority alone does not equal leadership.
- Discuss the nine key qualities for leadership.
- Identify the five central skills of effective leadership.
Access Time: You will have full access to Introduction to Leadership for 30 days. For additional access time, consider enrolling in our Certificate in Leadership. Certificate Program students get access to Introduction to Leadership, Leaders and Work-Life Balance, Leading and Managing Change, and Leading Teams for 120 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 6 - 8 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete Introduction to Leadership. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate including CEUs instantly.
- Access to an Internet connection
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or Mac OS X Operating System
- An updated Internet browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 (or higher) Mozilla Firefox 10 (or higher) or Google Chrome 10.0 (or higher)
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat – Download Adobe Reader (free)
- An installation of Adobe's Flash Player 8 (or higher) – Download Adobe Flash Player (free)
If you’re unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
Volume Pricing: To enroll 10 or more employees in Introduction to Leadership, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.