No two people are designed the same, making managing others a difficult but rewarding task. Our online course, Managing People, will reintroduce you to the basics of great people management. You will learn how establishing goals, empowerment and a measurement system can help you manage and develop a productive team.
Managing People Course
Who Should Register?
This course is designed for adult learners interested in improving their people management skills.
- Access Time: 90 days
- Average Completion Time: 3 - 5 hours
- Prerequisites: No prerequisites
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $79.00
- Course Credit: 0.5 CEUs
- The Fundamentals of Managing People
- The Managerial Mindset
- Attitudes Toward Empowerment
- What Do Employees Want?
- Managing Down, Managing Up
- Organizational Structure
- Motivation Fundamentals and Techniques
- Empowered Teams
- Management Resources
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- CEU Certificate
After completing Managing People you should be able to:
- Identify your attitude toward empowering management.
- Explain how a GEM approach to managing works in practice.
- Describe the major organizational structures and the differences between them.
- Explain employee motivation factors and how a manager can use them to improve employee performance.
- Discuss the challenges of discipline and how a manager should deal with such situations.
- Identify the defining characteristics, benefits, and unique challenges of empowered teams.
Access Time: You will have full access to Managing People for 90 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 3 - 5 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete Managing People. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate including CEUs instantly.
- Access to an Internet connection
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or Mac OS X Operating System
- An updated Internet browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 (or higher) Mozilla Firefox 10 (or higher) or Google Chrome 10.0 (or higher)
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat – Download Adobe Reader (free)
- An installation of Adobe's Flash Player 8 (or higher) – Download Adobe Flash Player (free)
If you’re unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
Volume Pricing: To enroll 10 or more employees in Managing People, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.