The modern work force is increasingly made of employees working from home. Learn how to embrace the advantages and meet the challenges of remote management for your virtual team. Create effective communication, onboarding and development practices, and feedback and motivational techniques for getting the most out of your remote employees.
Managing Remote Employees
Who Should Register?
This course is designed for managers who have team members working remotely.
- Access Time: 90 days
- Average Completion Time: 3 hours
- Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites.
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $79.00
- Course Credit: 0.3 CEUs | 3.0 PDUs
- Telecommuting Overview
- Advantages and Disdavantages of Remote Work Arrangements
- Challenges of Remote Leadership
- Hiring Process and Development
- Communication through Video and Email
- Providing Feedback and Motivation
- Remote Employee Connection
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- CEU/PDU Certificate
After completing Managing Remote Employees you should be able to:
- Identify trends in telecommuting.
- List advantages and disadvantages of working remotely.
- Discuss leadership challenges for virtual teams.
- Examine onboarding and development for remote employees.
- Develop communication, feedback, and motivation strategies for managing remote employees.
Access Time: You will have full access to Managing Remote Employees for 90 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 3 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete Managing Remote Employees. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate including CEUs and/or PDUs instantly.
- Access to an Internet connection
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or Mac OS X Operating System
- An updated Internet browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 (or higher) Mozilla Firefox 10 (or higher) or Google Chrome 10.0 (or higher)
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat – Download Adobe Reader (free)
- An installation of Adobe's Flash Player 8 (or higher) – Download Adobe Flash Player (free)
If you’re unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
Volume Pricing: To enroll 10 or more employees in Managing Remote Employees, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.