Introduction to Agile
Our online course, Introduction to Agile, teaches project managers the methods and practices involved with Agile development. Learn key concepts that serve as the foundation for Agile project management. Using vocabulary games, flash cards and interactive exercises, you will discover the nuances of leading and working with Agile teams. Video commentary from successful Agile experts will help you apply best practices to become a successful Agile practitioner.
Who Should Register?
Introduction to Agile is an online training course intended for people with a general understanding of project management processes.
- Access Time: 180 days
- Average Completion Time: 10 hours
- Prerequisites: No prerequisites
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $249.00
- Course Credit: 10.0 PDUs/Contact Hours | 1.0 CEUs
- Agile Methodologies
- Agile & Waterfall Project Management
- The Agile Cycle
- Best Practices
- Agile Product Development
- Managing Scope in Agile Projects
- Agile Team Leadership
- Handling Conflicts on Agile Teams
- Criticisms of Agile
- Certification Programs
- Senior Management & Agile Transitions
- Closing an Agile Project
- Extreme Programming (XP)
- Dynamic Systems Development Method (DSDM)
- Feature-Driven Development (FDD)
- Agile Unified Process (AUP)
- Lean Software Development
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- PDU/Contact Hour and/or CEU Certificate
Course ObjectivesAfter completing Introduction to Agile you should be able to:
- Define Agile development and differentiate it from traditional Waterfall practices.
- Identify the similarities and differences among several Agile methodologies.
- Describe the stages of the Agile development cycle and identify the factors that promote project success.
- Understand the nuances of leading and working with Agile teams.
- Apply best practices from organizations that have successfully incorporated Agile methodologies into their business activities.
Access Time: You will have full access to Introduction to Agile for 180 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 10 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete Introduction to Agile. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate including PDUs/Contact Hours and/or CEUs instantly.
- Access to an Internet connection
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or Mac OS X Operating System
- An updated Internet browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 (or higher) Mozilla Firefox 10 (or higher) or Google Chrome 10.0 (or higher)
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat – Download Adobe Reader (free)
- An installation of Adobe's Flash Player 8 (or higher) – Download Adobe Flash Player (free)
If you’re unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
Volume Pricing: To enroll 10 or more employees in Introduction to Agile, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.