PMP 5 - Project Cost Management
Project Cost Management is an online course designed to help project management professionals study PMBOK Guide Chapter 7. Learn cost management and how to estimate a budget for your projects with this interative self-paced online course. The exercises, video commentary and detailed course content provides knowledge on cost control and how to keep project budgets on track.
Who Should Register?
This course is intended as an online study supplement to PMBOK Guide Chapter 7 for learners who have moderate project management experience.
- Access Time: 30 days
- Average Completion Time: 3.5 hours
- Prerequisites: Learners should have some experience in project management and will need to have access to the Project Management Institute's A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), 5th Edition.
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $79.00
- Course Credit: 3.5 PDUs/Contact Hours | 0.5 CEUs
- Project Cost Management
- Determine Budget and Cost Performance Baseline
- Cost Analysis and Cost Control
- Best Practices: Cost Estimating and Budgeting
- Project Cost Management Key Terms
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- PDU/Contact Hour and/or CEU Certificate
Course ObjectivesAfter completing PMP 5 - Project Cost Management you should be able to:
- Define cost management and its associated cost management plan.
- Explain the various inputs and methods for estimating activity cost.
- Understand how to aggregate activity costs in order to determine budget and project funding requirements.
- Understand cost performance and performance measurement baselines and their importance in earned value management.
- Calculate planned value, earned value, actual cost, schedule and cost variance, and schedule and cost performance indexes.
- Understand how baselines, planned value, earned value, and actual cost can be represented in graphic form.
- Use concepts such as budget and estimate at completion and performance index to forecast the cost requirements of a project.
- Recognize when a project is behind schedule or overrunning its budget and explain possible responses.
- Explain performance reporting techniques and updates to project documentation.
- Understand project selection, return on investment and internal rate of return.
Access Time: You will have full access to PMP 5 - Project Cost Management for 30 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 3.5 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete PMP 5 - Project Cost Management. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate including PDUs/Contact Hours and/or CEUs instantly.
- Access to an Internet connection
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or Mac OS X Operating System
- An updated Internet browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 (or higher) Mozilla Firefox 10 (or higher) or Google Chrome 10.0 (or higher)
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat – Download Adobe Reader (free)
- An installation of Adobe's Flash Player 8 (or higher) – Download Adobe Flash Player (free)
If you’re unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
Volume Pricing: To enroll 10 or more employees in PMP 5 - Project Cost Management, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.