The Lean Basics online course provides an introduction to the strategies and logistics of lean. You will start with the basic principles, move through concepts such as jidoka and kaizen, and finish with considerations for changing culture and continuous improvement.
Who Should Register?
This course is appropriate for professionals looking for a basic understanding of lean concepts.
- Access Time: 180 days
- Average Completion Time: 10 hours
- Prerequisites: None
- Format: Self-paced online course
- Fee: $299.00
- Course Credit: 10.0 PDUs | 1.0 CEUs
- Basic Principles
- Processes, Systems, and Waste
- Lean Concepts
- Just-in-time, Jidoka, Kaizen, and Standard Work
- Lean Culture
- Continuous Improvement
- Online, self-paced course
- Open enrollment 24/7/365
- No prerequisites
- Interactive review exercises
- Professional videos with complete transcripts
- Ask the Expert feature - Submit questions directly to our experts
- PDU and/or CEU Certificate
After completing Lean Basics you should be able to:
- Identify lean principles and practices.
- Discuss the supply chain and organizational benefits of a lean program.
- Describe the importance of culture in lean organizations.
- Identify strategies for eliminate waste in workflow and increase efficiency.
- Explain continuous improvement and how it benefits customers, employees, and the organization.
Access Time: You will have full access to Lean Basics for 180 days.
Completion Time: Completion time is dependent on several factors. The average completion time for this class is 10 hours. A student's prior knowledge, Internet connection speed, reading comprehension, optional exercises and videos all contribute to how quickly students complete our courses.
Certificate: An average test score of 70% is required to complete Lean Basics. Upon successful completion of this online course, you will be able to print your certificate including PDUs and/or CEUs instantly.
- Access to an Internet connection
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or Mac OS X Operating System
- An updated Internet browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 (or higher) Mozilla Firefox 10 (or higher) or Google Chrome 10.0 (or higher)
- Web browser support for cookies (typically enabled by default)
- Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat – Download Adobe Reader (free)
- An installation of Adobe's Flash Player 8 (or higher) – Download Adobe Flash Player (free)
If you’re unsure about any of these requirements or if you have questions please contact us through our contact form or by calling 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.
Volume Pricing: To enroll 10 or more employees in Lean Basics, or to integrate any of our business skills courses with your Learning Management System, submit your request using our contact form or call 1-888-658-6641 during our normal business hours 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EST, M - F. One of our representatives will gladly assist you.